It seems to me that lately there has been way too much talk about fitness and not nearly enough talk about cake.
Although I’ve baked a few things here and there over the last few weeks, I haven’t really made anything that seemed quite special enough to share. Until today that is.
This biscotti is ahhhhmazing. There really is no other way to put it!
I urge you to give it a try…
Pistachio, Orange & Choc Chip Biscotti
200g Caster Sugar (preferably golden caster sugar)
zest of 1 small orange
200g plain four, sifted, plus extra for dusting
1 teaspoon baking powder
100g pistachios (shelled)
50g macadamia nuts (halved)
100g Chocolate Chips (milk, plain or dark depending on your preference)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C – Fan 160°C – Gas 4 and line a baking tray.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar and orange zest in a bowl. In a separate bowl, sift together the baking powder and flour. Combine the dry and wet ingredients together along with the nuts and chocolate chips. Mix to a sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and knead. Using floured hands divide the mixture into 2 portions and roll each into a 30cm log then place on the lined baking tray. (Be warned, it really is very sticky, but persevere because it will all be worth it!) Bake for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, turn the oven temperature down to 160°C – Fan 140°C – Gas 3.
- Cut the logs into 1cm slices diagonally and place back on the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes until golden on top. Turn over and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.